Monday, August 14, 2017

Projects Galore and Bucket Lists

The past week or so, I feel like I have been turning in circles. I have about 4 projects going right now and I'm sure in true Summer fashion I will add one more to the back burner.
I am a perpetual starter of the things.
Finishing however, is not exactly my strong suit.

But I did start something that has been a long time coming and something that 
I can now finally cross off my bucket list.

I started taking a photography class.
It's something I have always wanted to do, even way back in college, but because DSLR camera's were way out of an art students budget, it just never happened.

But my sweet husband sent me my birthday present early...brownie points for that guy!
my very first DSLR!
I was so pumped.
I got it last Thursday, quickly realized I had no idea what I was doing and searched for a class on Friday, found it and started it on Saturday,

And it was the best decision I have made in quite some time..
I'm already learning so much and my photos are already brighter and crisper.

Switching to a DSLR over a point and shoot was the best decision hands down.
The depth of field is already so much more amazing and
 I'm learning about camera lenses, bokeh and so much more.

Although, this baby is so crisp, I'm going to have to do a better job of cleaning my house now!
 he he...
but that's ok, it's worth it!

I'm slipcovering some chairs in the living room and it's taking forever, mainly cause it's hard for me to get going on the sewing machine and I had to custom dye the fabric!
Ugh yes... I went all over town looking for a linen type, tobacco colored fabric... nothing... could't find it... so I ordered online... what they sent me ended up being 1/2 a shade darker then the chair... 
Seriously? I hate when the color is misleading on-line...
Then when I did find some tobacco colored linen... it was $30 a yd... I already underestimated my measely 8 yds I bought, I thought I could get two covers out of that... nope... just one... that would have been $240 per chair cover?
No way...

So I found some semi descent fabric at Hobby Lobby and I dyed it myself... and I love the color!
Perfect for the fall!

And speaking of fall...
So who's already decorated? Are you planning your decor yet?
I'm currently working on mine and plan to go a little richer and deeper with the hues this year.. just a little... not much... I'm still very much neutral!

I really just wanted to pop in and say hi, I hope you all have a fantastic Monday!

Sharing @


Friday, August 4, 2017

Simple Farmhouse Bowls by Dowan

Happy Friday Friends!
Another work week down, can I get an Amen?

Every once in a while I am lucky enough to get to work with a brand and
 showcase there products on the blog. 
Oh how I love those times:)

So I'm super excited to introduce to you the Dowan 32oz Porcelain Bowl.

Farmhouse Dishes


Monday, July 31, 2017

A Grand Leaning Mirror~Now That's a Mirror

There is just something about a large grand focal piece in a room.
My personal favorite, is a giant mirror.
Mirrors add a touch of elegance, they reflect light and give your room an overall larger appearance.
And... when you find one with gorgeous carved detail...
well friends...
that's just icing on the cake

Monday, July 24, 2017

DIY Limed Oak Faux Finish with paint ~ Cerused Oak

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I  don't know about you guys, but I had a fantastic weekend, the husband got a 
surprise class cancellation on Thursday and was able to high tail it home that night and we got to spend a much needed weekend together, just hanging out, 
eating good eats and working on projects around the house!
Of course it goes by way too fast and you're left wondering where the weekend went and how can it be time to leave on Sunday already?

But, I took advantage of Sunday evening and decided to put together my blog post for my recipe on how to fake Cerused Oak, Limed Oak... Pickled wood... whatever people call it these days:)

DIY Faux Finish with paint Limed Oak


Monday, July 17, 2017

A Farmhouse Living Room Refresh

 It's safe to say that I'm glad this weekend is over... I don't usually say that, but this weekend was especially difficult.  Saturday was my husbands birthday and it also marks the month that we have been separated for six months now... not a marital separation... but an Army one..
and quite frankly I'm over and done with it. I don't think we have gotten to celebrate his birthday together in over 5-6 years... something always comes up or in between us...mainly the Army and while there are many benefits to living the military life, it does take a toll and I was feeling that toll this weekend. In fact, I was throwing myself a big ole' pity party.. but I don't even care... 
I deserved it...

It was also amplified by the death of my favorite hen.... I believe the fox struck again, she was just gone, with nothing but a pile of her beautiful lavender feathers left behind.
I don't really want to even write about it, other than to say it sucks. Big Time.

So needless to say, I needed something to take my mind off of things and it was either burn the house down, or refresh a few items...obvs I chose the latter:)

Blogger templates by pipdig